ASSISTANT WAITER - MYSTIC CRUISES (DOMINICAN REPUBLIC)
--ISM AGENCY REPUBLICA DOMINICANA--
offers you an exciting journey in the cruise industry.
Get on board for an
Get on board for an exciting career.
Every voyage with Mystic Cruises is filled with opportunities for personal and professional growth. All it takes is passion and commitment to deliver exceptional service to 200 passengers.
At Mystic Cruises you can sail on the job opportunity of your lifetime aboard our extraordinary vessel.
German level required: BASIC
- To check in for duty according to schedule and to assist the Waiters in the Dining Room ensuring that the service for their station meets the expectations of the Guest and meets the standards set by the Company.
- To assist in providing the best possible dining experience for all Guests and to assist in providing special attention to Guests with special needs and dietary requirements.
- To follow work schedules, section plans and rotations and to do any additional duties (as gangway duties, storing, luggage handling, Room Service breakfast assistance.) as scheduled by the Head Waiter and as required.
- To assist the Waiters in providing a smooth and efficient service during meal hours through constant communication with the Galley and the Waiters.
- To greet Guests in a professional manner and to provide them with prompt, courteous and friendly service.
- To ensure that all equipment is properly and securely stored away when not on duty.
- To report work orders to supervisors when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner.
- To complete a Work Registration Form correctly every week and to submit it to the Head Waiter in a timely manner.
- To adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives.
- To do additional duties in other departments (provision, luggage etc,.) as necessary if instructed by the supervisor.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
- High school Diploma or relevant apprenticeship in the Food Service industry required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in hotel or one (1) year experience on board a cruise ship in similar position.
- Very good spoken English.
- Basic German skills required for this position; any additional foreign language is a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Must have very good organizational skills and show attention to detail.
- Must undergo on-board USPH and HACCP training Knowledge in this area is a plus.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must be service minded with an outgoing, charming and friendly personality.