GALLEY UTILITY - MYSTIC CRUISES (NICARAGUA)
--ISM AGENCY NICARAGUA--
offers you an exciting journey in the cruise industry.
Get on board for an
Get on board for an exciting career.
Every voyage with Mystic Cruises is filled with opportunities for personal and professional growth. All it takes is passion and commitment to deliver exceptional service to 200 passengers.
At Mystic Cruises you can sail on the job opportunity of your lifetime aboard our extraordinary vessel.
German level required: N/A
-- To clean Galleys and food outlets (including dishwashing and sanitation of china, glassware and silver) according to schedule and instruction from the #1 Utility.
- To follow the Shipboard Sanitation and Health Program in regard to cleaning and to ensure that all that all pertinent SMS, Health and Sanitation regulations (USPH and all other Port Health Authorities) are being upheld in his area of responsibility at all times.
- To ensure that all Electrical and Mechanical Galley Equipment is cleaned according to the Manufacturers Manuals to avoid damage and personal injury.
- To follow proper garbage disposal and separation procedures (including colour coding as per Company Environmental policy).
- To follow proper procedures to storing, using and disposing of Chemicals and to ensure that the necessary safety precautions are taken as per the Company Environmental policy.
- To ensure smooth operation during meal hours for china, glassware and silverware.
- To keep assigned lockers clean and tidy at all times and in accordance to safety rules and regulations.
- To ensure that all cleaning equipment is properly and securely stored away when not on duty.
- To follow and execute the Shipboard Sanitation Program, and to complete and update all Sanitation Log sheets.
- To do additional duties in other departments (gangway duties, storing, luggage handling, etc.) as necessary.
- To report work orders to the #1 Utility when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner.
- To complete a Work Registration Form correctly every week and to submit it to the Galley Utility #1 in a timely manner.
- To adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
- College degree beneficial, preferably a Hotel and Restaurant Management graduate or other related course(s).
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in hotel or a one (1) year onboard a cruise ship in a similar position required.
- Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation Regulations and Procedures preferred.
- Very good spoken English.
- Good communication skills.
- Must have very good organizational skills and show attention to detail.
- Must undergo onboard USPH and HACCP training.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must be service minded with an outgoing, charming and friendly personality.